Sunday, March 15, 2015

Blog Post 8


Randy Pausch

There are ten life lessons that we can learn from Randy Paunch:
  1. Decide if you are a Tiger or an Eeyore.
  2. People are more important than things.
  3. Never underestimate the importance of having fun.
  4. Work and play well with others.
  5. Live with integrity.
  6. Tell the truth.
  7. Apologize properly.
  8. If you wait long enough, anyone will show you their good side.
  9.  Show gratitude. 
  10. Don't complain just work harder. 
 I learned from Randy Paunch that "you need to have specific dreams. Critics are there to show you that they love and care about you. If you mess up and nobody says anything to you, than they gave up on you. Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. "
"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Brick walls are there to stop people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people. "Listening to their advice is the hard part."
"Don't put the "bar" anywhere on students because you don't know what they will do. Keep pushing them. Best gift an educator can give is to get someone to become self reflective. "
"The best way to teach somebody something is make them think they are learning something else.  Kids need to have fun, when learning something hard. "
"Don't complain and work hard. Be good at something and it makes you valuable.
Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other."
I must say at first I was skeptical because the video was so long, but I am glad I was able to experience watching it. He had a great outlook on life, and it has changed my outlook and ways of thinking. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that before I sat down and watched this video I was not looking forward to it because of how long it was but I am so glad that I finally did! He truly was an inspiring man and I think he has given some great insight on how teaching and learning should be approached. I think that you covered all of his main points well. I hope that at some point everyone has a chance to view Randy Pausch's Last Lecture.

    ReplyDelete