Friday, January 16, 2015

Personal Practice Blog Post

Outline: 

A. Personal Information

 1. Name     

 2. Where I live     

 3. Attending USA      

4. Personal Information

B.  Why I want to be an Educator?

C. What it is like to be in the field of Education in the 21st Century?

D. My Passions

E. Other Interesting Things

     Hello, my name is Janelle Johnson Owens, I was born and raised in  Mobile, AL. I previously attended USA and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in 2005.   Taking this class enables me to renew my certificate so that I am able to teach in the state of Alabama.  I have previously had teaching experience in the following grades: 5th, 4th, 2nd(student taught), first, and kindergarten.  My favorite grades to teach are kindergarten -second grade. 
      My husband and I will be married 9 years in July. We have have two beautiful , talented,  sweet daughters. My oldest Madeline is six and she is in kindergarten. She is very smart and so far has made all A's and B's in school. She can read on a second grade, almost third grade reading level.  My youngest Lydia is two. She is very spunky and energetic.  She is always on the go and always has something to say. 
     I want to be an educator because I always had great teachers in school and they had a huge impact on my life. Their dedication, and hard work inspired me to want to become a teacher.  I am passionate about teaching. I love to see students learn and understand the concepts and to be able to know how to use those concepts. I want to make a difference in their lives.
     Teaching in the Twenty First Century has changed so much from the past.  Teachers use to write on chalkboards and use overhead projectors. Now, you have a lot more technology involved. Teachers and students in today's classrooms now have: computers, projectors, I Pads, Smart Boards, and other technology. 
     Things I am passionate about and other things about me: I love spending time with my family, reading, and snapper fishing. 
Picture of my girls

                      
My husband and I

No comments:

Post a Comment